Happy new year to you all! Warm greetings from Mysore, India where I (Isabella) currently am for my annual trip to the KPJAYI for studies with Sharath. Here I get to be a student again and fill up on new knowledge and good energy. But this year I’m only here for one month and I’ll return home in early February. The shala is full as usual, with many familiar but also new faces. Sara who assists me in Malmö is also here. Some good news are that I again have the honor to assist Sharath in the Shala, this year during the first shift. This means that I, together with two other assistants help from 4am until 6.30. Only after that I’m allowed to roll out my mat where Sharath tells me to and do my own practice. It means long mornings in the Shala, but I am very grateful because I learn a lot, and it’s all experience that I can bring home for you to benefit from. While I am here I also take private chanting lessons in preparation for a course in chanting and yoga philosophy that I will teach this coming spring. You can read about the course and all other events this spring below.
In January our schedule is slightly reduced. Miho, Sofia and Caroline make sure that classes run smoothly in my absence. We also have the pleasure to welcome Jens Bache from Astanga Yoga Copenhagen. Jens will teach two guided Primary series classes on Sunday 13 and 20 January. Don’t miss the opportunity to practice with Jens who has more than 20 years of Mysore experience. All details and the January schedule are here
The SPRING SCHEDULE starts Sunday the 3rd of February with our monthly guided primary class in Malmö. Afterwards you are invited to tea & talk where I and Sara will share stories from our stay in Mysore. You find the spring schedule on the schedulepage. Please note that there are some changes:
- Evening Mysore class on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Malmö is henceforth taught by Miho and Sara. From now on I teach only morning Mysore.
- Chanting on Sundays is replaced by a 4-session Chanting & Philosophy course. It will allow for better continuity and give us a chance to deepen our practice and understanding of the texts we chant. The course runs as Friday-fun in Malmö 17-19hrs. Read more here
- New beginners courses in Lund and Malmö start in March. The course in Lund will take place in One Hot Spot’s premises at Råbygatan. Read more about all our courses here
- Beginners level 2/guidedhalf Primary series will be held both in Malmö and Lund. The course/class in Malmö starts on Monday 4th February and in Lund we start in March. Read more about the classes here. You may as usual register for the entire course or drop in with clip/monthly card, provided there’s space.
- Guided Intermediate series will be held twice later this spring in preparation for Sharath Jois’ visit to Stockholm and Copenhagen in July. It is strictly regulated who can participate so please carefully read the class description hereand talk to me before you register.
I would be grateful if you all took the time to read the schedule page(with links) properly so that you are aware of and respect our Shala guidelines and our opening/closing times.
GUEST TEACHER – In addition to the regular schedule, Stefan Engström will visit us on 5-8 April to hold a guest workshop with the theme “Anatomy of wholeness”. There will be both physical asana practice with mysore and led classes as well as more theoretical afternoon classes. More info about Stefan’s visit will soon be available under upcoming events on the events page.
SUMMER–RETREAT – on July 7-12 we return to Kadermo Conscious Living in Finland. Isabella teaches a week-long retreat there. Last year was full so don’t wait too long to book your spot. More info can be found here.
That’s all for now. If you want to buy cotton mats, yoga mat bags or other yoga stuff from Mysore please order from me no later than 15/1 (email). The price depends on the exchange rate and the shipping cost.
See you in less than a month, but until then please keep up to date through our Facebook page and the group “Ashtanga Yoga Malmö/Lund practitioners” we started in connection with the page. On Instagram you can also follow some of what happens while I am in Mysore. All other news is published here on our newspage.